Sunday 29 December 2013

2013 Favourite bits

2013 was a really fun year, I embarked on lots of lovely illustrated adventures and projects and I'm so excited for the new year! I'm very thankful for all the opportunities and grateful to be doing something I truly love.

Here are some of my favourite things that happened last year…x



At the beginning of the year a giant egg was delivered to my door and I spent a few weeks hand illustrating it to raise money for Action for Children as part of The Lindt Big Egg Hunt. My design was shortlisted for The Association of Illustrators 2013 awards.


I worked with the lovely team at Vita V Organics to produce their first two salad dressing labels.


The Financial Times commissioned me to illustrate a feature celebrating 100 years of the Chelsea Flower Show.

I got the privilege of working with creative agency babyGrand on some illustrations for Radley. The project was commissioned to celebrate 15 years of the brand. This was one of my most enjoyable jobs, I loved the theme and brief, unfortunately the illustrations weren't used in the end but I really enjoyed the process.


I was really excited to be asked to draw for Stylist magazine - this job was a reminder of why I love being an illustrator, you never know what you may be asked to draw and illustrating a timeline of the bikini line is no exception!



I worked with Anova books on my first commission in publishing. shortly followed by…



...a book project for Rodale inc. I created over 66 illustrations of veggies & herbs and gardening projects, all to be revealed fully next year!

I'm currently working on a project with Youth Sauce - an organisation who works with young people to provide creative workshops, courses and mentorship. The project 'Walthamstow resolutions,' is based on new years resolutions of Walthamstow residents and culminates in an exhibition in Walthamstow mall in the new year. I'll post more info about the project soon. 

Does anyone have any good new years resolutions? I seem to have a few too many at the moment but i like to see them more as achievable goals rather than promises of things that will never happen :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek at my blog. Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment