Wednesday 19 March 2014

Inspired by... Colour, in Paris

 
Yaacov Agam, Amenagement de l'antichambre des appartements prives du Palais de l'Elysee pour le president Georges Pompidou

Frida Kahlo, The Frame, Pompidou

Yves Klein, portrait en relief de martial raysse Musee De'Art Moderne

Yves Klein Grande anthropophagie bleue, Hommage à Tennessee Williams, Pompidou

Some of the artwork I saw on my Paris trip. Top: Yaacov Agam an Israeli sculptor and experimental artist exhibited an installation in the Pompidou analysing colour and form. I like the connection between the installation and the viewer, this piece was very energetic. 


Middle: the Pompidou was running a programme and workshop for children and families to explore the life and work of Frida Kahlo. I love her work and learning about her inspirational life and journey to overcome her physical suffering through her art. "I paint myself because I am so often alone, and I am the subject I know best,' and 'I paint my reality. I know only one thing: painting is a real need for me.'


Below: Yves Klein. Excited to see this piece (bottom) in the flesh and make out all the little human details from Klein's 'body' brushes (He covers female models in paint turning them into human paint brushes to create his artwork on canvas.) This piece references the artists' fascination with cannibalism parallel with nuclear threat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment